Monday, August 5, 2013

Cheesy Black Bean & Corn Enchiladas...

We love enchiladas and when I saw this recipe for Cheesy Black Bean & Corn Enchilada's on Pinterest I knew this was one we'd have to try. As I've mentioned previously we just started cooking more with black beans in the past year and have found they've become a staple in our weekly ingredients and something that make a great healthy meat substitute.

The only two changes I made to this recipe were that instead of making the homemade enchilada sauce I just used canned. I'm sure the homemade sauce is delicious but I wanted this to be a simple dish and the canned red enchilada sauce worked great for us. I might try the homemade at some point in the future to compare. Since we love onions I also sliced up a large yellow onion and sauteed it and then added this to each of the enchiladas.

These also made great leftovers the next day! Seriously, look at all that cheesy goodness...






No comments:

Post a Comment