Sunday, March 10, 2013

Oatmeal Banana Chai & Toddler Muffins...

We love muffins at our house and our son, Ian, especially loves them. They make a great snack for him when we're on the go or after nap, and since he's an active toddler these are a great healthy snack he can eat while moving about. Multitasking already! These are two of his current favorites.

So I first came across these Oatmeal Banana Muffins on Pinterest and thought they looked awesome since we love oatmeal and bananas! I decided to add my own little spin on them by including Chai seeds, I add in a Tablespoon thus making them Oatmeal Banana Chai Muffins:) They've been a favorite of Ian's for a couple of months now and are so easy to throw together!

The ingredients I used to whip these up...
Finished product...
I got those reusable Wilton silicone muffin cups several years ago at Bed, Bath & Beyond, and they have held up awesome! I love them and we use them on a very regular basis The worst part is they're hand wash only, but they're totally worth it to me, and the muffins pop out of them easily. I'd highly recommend picking some up next time you see them out shopping; we haven't used paper muffins liners in years.

Also, I have Pinterest to thank for these delicious Toddler Muffins which, trust me, adults like just as much as kids. They've got bananas, carrots, oat bran, & squash. I also of course add some Chai seeds to give them another health boost.



Tip from Rebecca's kitchen: You can use either the baby food squash that the recipe calls for or I've also cooked a butternut squash then used some of that and froze the rest for the next time I wanted to make these muffins.
Also, both of these muffins freeze great! Whenever I make a batch of muffins for Ian, I always leave out just a couple for the next day or so and then freeze the rest taking out one at a time the night before or morning of when we'll need them so they can defrost on the counter and then be ready for later in the day. Put them in the microwave for 10 seconds or so after defrosting and it's like they just came out of the oven!

Hope you or the little ones in your life enjoy these muffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment