Thursday, May 23, 2013

Quinoa Veggie Fried Rice...

This Quinoa Veggie Fried Rice by Damn Delicious has quickly become one of our favorite weeknight dinners! It is so easy to throw together; the hardest part is just slicing up all the veggies you want to include and rinsing the quinoa before boiling. Otherwise, once you have everything prepped it's simple and comes together in 15 minutes!

Also, if you've never tried quinoa I strongly encourage you to step out of your comfort zone and give it a try. It's cooked very similar to rice and is so nutritious and also gluten free. If you don't believe me about all the health benefits of quinoa check out this article. I just made it for the first time myself about a year ago and our whole family loves it! 


She's right, this is seriously damn delicious...



Tip from Rebecca's kitchen: We've made this a few times now and typically use whatever veggies are our favorites and what we have on hand. This is definitely a dish you can substitute and include whatever vegetables you and your family prefer. It's a perfect dish to use veggies from your garden or a trip to the farmers market this summer.

I typically just make a few small changes when we make it. I slice one onion instead of chopping as the original recipe suggests. I also double the amount of carrots and slice these as well. I don't include the corn and peas and add extra broccoli too as we prefer the the carrots and broccoli.

Another way that I try to keep this recipe simple is instead of grating fresh ginger I just add 1/2 teaspoon of ginger spice. I really don't want to go to the trouble of grating the fresh ginger so this is my simpler substitute.

We also love this leftover the next day, it's good both cold or heated. I've taken it with us for a picnic the day after and it's perfect for on the go! 

2 comments:

  1. i will DEFINITELY be making this. i have a whole costco bag of quinoa. never thought of stirfry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had this leftover for lunch today! It is seriously one of my new favorite easy meals and I love that you can just throw in whatever veggies you and your family like. Let me know what you think!

      Delete