Friday, June 14, 2013

Copy cat Cheesecake Factory Shrimp Scampi...

I've never tried the Shrimp Scampi dish at Cheesecake Factory so I can't speak to how well this compares to the original, but we definitely thought this copy cat shrimp scampi recipe was delicious! 

I did use less shrimp then it called for because although fried breaded shrimp is SO yummy it's not the healthiest. I also substituted a 13.25 oz box of whole wheat rotini pasta for the angel hair pasta suggested in the recipe as the rotini is more toddler friendly. In the directions of the recipe it didn't mention where to add the shallot, I assumed it should be added with the garlic when you begin the sauce in step 2. 

Yum...honestly this picture doesn't do it justice, don't hold my inability to get a good pic of this dish against it, it's really scrumptious! 



We have this awesome basil plant that has somehow lasted us since last summer, so we love dishes like this that call for fresh basil! If you know me well you know it's a miracle this plant has lasted so long in our house and yet it continues to thrive! We water it religiously every morning and it spends the rest of the day in it's spot by the window. We picked it up at Whole Foods last summer and it was well worth it since it's supplied all of our fresh basil to us for almost a year now! Nick prunes it regularly and it grows so fast I think we throw out more than we use.


No comments:

Post a Comment